BEAUTIFUL HEALING MINISTRY:
- This fall we will be starting a Bible study for women, who have been sexually abused, to find healing in Jesus.
- Flyers are available.
- If interested in signing up, or if you have any questions, see Jennifer Mendes at the Information Desk, or call her at (562) 237-2985.
- Our Fall session will begin Tuesday, September 19th (no childcare) at 7pm or on Thursday, September 21st (childcare available) at 9:30am.
- We will be doing an in-depth study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians and workbooks are available for purchase in the Bookstore.
- For more information, contact the Church Office.
- NOTE: Childcare volunteers are needed for Thursday morning. If available to serve, please contact Pastor Dan.
NIGHT OF WORSHIP:
- Join us for an evening filled with praise and worship on Friday, September 22nd at 7pm in the Sanctuary.
- Come with a heart prepared to receive from the Lord.
- Childcare will be available for newborns-5 years old.
KNOTS OF LOVE:
- Our next meeting will be Saturday, September 23rd at 9am.
- We will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall to sew quilts for those who are ill and for newborns.
- No experience is necessary. for more information, contact Betty Mitchell: (562)760-3299.
DEVOTED TO ONE-SINGLE LADIES:
- We will be meeting in the 4 & 5 year old classroom on Saturday, September 23rd at 6:30pm, as we continue in the series, Love and Respect.
- Bring a potluck item to share. Childcare is provided.
- For more information, contact Armida Rosario: (562)833-5091.
LIFT: LEARNING IN FAITH TOGETHER:
- Would you like to be mentored by a sister who is mature in the faith?
- The LIFT Ministry offers a one-on-one women’s discipleship program beginning with a fellowship “LIFT Off” on Saturday, September 23rd at 9am. You will then meet with a sister once a week for ten weeks at a time and place determined by mutual agreement.
- If you are interested, pick up an application at the Information Desk.
- For more information, contact Linda Risner: (562) 688-8159.
- Join us for worship and study on Saturday, September 23rd at 6:30pm here at the church facility.
- Childcare will be provided. For more information contact Dave Dominguez: (310) 650-1358.
- Married Couples Retreat 2018: Save the date- Friday, February 9th- Sunday, February 11th at the Hotel Karlan in San Diego. Sign- ups will start soon.
CHURCH BAPTISM/ PICNIC/ EVENING SERVICE:
- Sunday, September 24th at Whittier YMCA: 15740 Starbuck Street
- All Church Picnic: Beginning at 12:00pm. The church will provide hamburgers and hotdogs. Please bring a potluck item to share according to the first letter of your last name: A-H: Drinks; I-P: Side Dish; Q-Z: Dessert.
- Baptism: Will begin promptly at 3pm. Please note sign-ups begin TODAY for those interested in being baptized. NOTE:: There will be an optional baptism class on Friday, September 22nd at 7pm at the church.
- Evening Service: The evening service will end with an outdoor church service at the park at 5pm.
- NOTE:There will not be an evening service at the church facility.
YOUNG ADULT POOL PARTY:
- Young adults are invited to our End of Summer Pool Party on Saturday, September 30th from 3pm to 9pm for a time of fellowship and blessings.
- Sign up at the Information Desk and pick up a flyer for more information. Invite a friend.
- If you have any questions, contact the church office.
YOUTH MINISTRY :
- The youth ministry has officially changed its name to UPRISING.
- To see the latest events, you can follow them on Instagram at “ccsfsUPRISING”.
HURRICANE HARVEY RELIEF:
- Calvary Chapels across the country are uniting to provide relief for those impacted by the largest natural disaster to strike our country.
- Please continue to lift those affected up in prayer.
- For updates, or to donate to the relief fund, go to calvarychapelrelieftexas.com.
- All donations will go directly to the relief effort.